Should You Turn It Into A Home Study Program?
When you put a lot of time, energy, and resources into launching a program or teleseminar, you might be tempted to turn it into a home study program or evergreen program.
A home study or evergreen program is one that people can purchase at any time. Unlike a live program, there is no set start date with an evergreen program. Participants start when they make the purchase.
What are the benefits of having an evergreen program?
- People can sign up at any time.
- It gives you something to guide people to if you have a wait list for private coaching or if they aren’t ready to invest in private coaching.
- You make money while you sleep. (Once the evergreen product is set-up, it requires no work on your part.)
- If you have affiliates, it gives your affiliates an incentive to promote you on their website throughout the year.
This sounds great, doesn’t it?
I agree that turning a program into an evergreen product can be a wonderful way to reach more people and make more money, while working less.
One of the downsides of turning a program into an evergreen product is that when people know they can purchase something at any time, there is no urgency and they may be less likely to make the purchase.
When you offer a particular program only once or twice a year, it keeps your followers on their toes and can create even more desire for your offering.
Before making a decision and deciding if an evergreen product is right for your, I recommend you think about the following:
- Will the effectiveness of the program be diminished if there is no live component? For example, if your live program had a forum that was very active, think about what it would be like for participants to go through the program without a forum.
- What type of program structure will give participants the best results? For this question, you want to think like a coach rather than a business owner.
- How many new subscribers do you get each month? If your site gets a lot of traffic and your list is growing rapidly, then having an evergreen product makes more sense.
- Are you interested in offering the program live in the future? If so, I recommend holding off on turning it into an evergreen product.
While there is a lot to consider, trust your gut and know that you can change things at any time.