How to set-up recurring payments with PayPal
Do you want to be able to offer payment plans to your clients, without having to collect a check or credit card payment each time a payment is due?
Some clients love to pay in full for services, but others don’t have the ability to pay upfront for programs.
By offering 2-pay, 3-pay, 6-pay options, you make it easier for more people to say “yes” to working with you.
You don’t need a fancy shopping cart in order to accept recurring payments.
Today, I am going to show you how to easily set-up automated recurring payments in PayPal using a free PayPal business account.
It is very simply and takes only 2 minutes to set-up.
Step-by-Step Instructions on how to set-up recurring payments with PayPal:
- Set-up a free business account with PayPal, if you don’t already have one
- Login to paypal.com
- Click on “merchant services”
- Click on “create payment buttons for your website”
- Click on “create a button”
- Under “Payment Type,” select “Subscriptions”
- Under “Item Name,” enter the name of your offering
- Under “Billing amount each cycle,” enter the amount of the recurring payment. (For example, if you are offering a program for $197 per month for 3 months, enter “$197” as the amount.)
- Under “Billing Cycle,” enter the frequency of the payments. In most cases, clients will be paying monthly, so select “1 month.” Note that this is the default setting.
- Under “After how many cycles should billing stop,” enter the number of payments clients will be making. If they are paying $197 per month for 3 months, then you would enter “3.”
- Leave all other fields blank and click “create button” at the bottom of the page.
- When you get to the next screen, you will see a tab for “Website” and another one for “Email.” Click on the “Email” tab
- Simply copy the entire link that appears. You can link to this from your website or send via email. For clients purchasing private coaching, sending them a link via email works perfectly.
Once clients have processed their purchase, they will be automatically billed for subsequent months and you won’t have the hassle of having to ask clients to pay each month.
Have questions about setting up products and billing clients? Share your questions below so I can support you.