How to make more money this month
Let’s face it. There’s only so much time in the day to tackle your ever-growing to-do list. And, if you’re like me, you need to be smart about how to invest in your business because your life is full.
Life is not only full, but let’s be honest, it can be messy at times.
In case you don’t know, I have two young children – a beautiful 11 month old baby (Abby) – who I am nursing throughout the day (and in the middle of the night :). And, I have a 6 year old girl (Sydney) who, rightfully so, needs a lot from me before and after school. I want to give both of my girls as much as I can.
Not to mention, taking care of myself – getting enough sleep, exercising, having food in the house that meets my dietary restrictions (paleo, gluten free, sugar free, and dairy free). And then there’s leaving time to connect with my husband.
Whether or not you’re a parent, I know you can relate. There’s a lot on your plate.
But at the same time, I know you have goals for your business. You want to make sure you’re doing everything you can to reach your goals and make your business a success – or even more of success.
How do I (and how can you) get it all done?
The truth is that you can’t get it all done.
But, you can get the RIGHT stuff done, and I want to show you how.
Join me live tomorrow, where I’ll be diving into this topic.
Lori Kennedy will be interviewing me tomorrow at 12pm Eastern, as part of the FREE Wellness Business Success Summit. (We’re going to be live, on video, so it’s going to be fun and interactive. Bring your questions!)
This is part of a live 4 day event, put on by Lori Kennedy, with 12 successful health and wellness coaches. Click here to join me tomorrow. (Don’t worry if you can’t make the live call. Go ahead and register to get the replays.)
As a warm-up to tomorrow’s call, in today’s article, I am sharing how to get the right stuff done, so you can reach your revenue goals in the next 30-60 days.
When you think about your goals for your business, you may be thinking about things like:
- Increasing your list size
- Putting up a business page on Facebook
- Designing a logo
While these are all valid goals and projects to work on, I want you to instead focus on the larger goal.
I want you to think about the end result you want to achieve in your business in the next 30-60 days.
Do you have a specific income goal you want to reach? If you don’t, I highly recommend you set one. I’m not talking about a pie in the sky goal, but one that is a bit of a stretch but is attainable.
Now that you have your income goal, let’s get strategic.
First, think about what you want to sell. Is it a Fall Cleanse or Detox? Is it private coaching spots? VIP Days?
Perhaps, it’s a combination of a few offerings. You might offer a Fall Cleanse or Detox and at then, at the end, invite participants to work with you more deeply.
Or perhaps, you’re going to sell a small number of spots in a high end offering.
Once you know what you want to sell, set a goal of how many of each offering you want to sell. Your goal should be a stretch, but again, keep it attainable.
Now that you know what you want to sell, it’s time to determine how you’re going to reach this larger goal.
For the moment, I want you to set aside your to-do list and think about the easiest path towards meeting your goals.
In order to determine what the easiest path is, think about:
- What has worked for you in the past.
- What comes easily to you.
- Where there are opportunities around you.
If you’re just starting out, I realize you don’t have a history to draw from. Instead, focus on #2 and #3 above.
Here are some ideas to get your juices flowing:
- Send out promotional emails to your list. If you want to enroll people in a program, make an invitation!
- Reach out to the acupuncturist (or other entrepreneur) you know in town and ask if she thinks your Fall Cleanse is something her patients would benefit from. If she says yes, create a plan for how she can promote the program.
- Personally email all of the people who have reached out to you in the last 6 months (but haven’t signed up to work with you). Find a time to check in with them by phone so you can hear how they’re doing and discuss how you can help them.
- Personally email clients who have finished programs with you in the last year. Find a time to check in with them by phone so you can hear how they’re doing and discuss how you can continue to help them.
- Reach out to local pilates studio (or other local business) about giving a talk for their clients.
- Contact a life coach you know, who serves the same audience as you, and discuss giving a free teleseminar for her audience/list. Use the teleseminar to promote your Fall Cleanse, or another offering you want to sell.
Stay focused and keep your eyes on the prize.
Sometimes we make it complicated when it doesn’t have to be. We quickly fill our plates with work that feels critical to our success. I know because I’ve been there.
The truth is that there are likely many items on your to-do list that can be put on hold for now. I’m not saying you won’t ever have a Facebook business page, for example, but this may not be the project that most needs your attention right now.
You only have so much time and energy, so be stingy and use it where it matters.
I’m looking forward to diving in deeper during the live call tomorrow.
Want to join me tomorrow at 12pm Eastern?
Click here to register for the FREE Wellness Business Success Summit. (We’re going to be live, on video, so it’s going to be fun and interactive. Bring your questions!)